Job of the Future Terms and Conditions
By entering into this job search, entrants will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions and shall be bound by them together with any other promotional material.
1. The promoter is Marketing Edinburgh, 26 Frederick St, Edinburgh EH2 2JR (the “Promoter”). The majority of contact with applicants will be handled by Wire, Marketing Edinburgh’s PR agency.
2. This promotion is open to residents of Edinburgh only, aged 18 years or over, that hold a valid passport and are able to travel between 12/11/18 and 26/11/18.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. This promotion is not open to employees of the Promoter, their families, the Promoter’s agents, clients, suppliers, retailers, merchants or associates.
5. This promotion opens at 09.00 am on 01/10/2018 and will close at midnight on 21/10/2018 (the "Promotional Period"). Any entries received outside of the Promotional Period shall be automatically rejected.
6. To be considered for the role, and to go on an all-expenses paid research trip to either Helsinki, Dublin or Copenhagen in November 2018, applicants need to upload a video pitch of minimum 60 seconds during the promotional period via:
Instagram, tagging @thisisedinburgh and using the hashtag #Edinburgh2050,
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upload to YouTube using ‘Edinburgh 2050’ in the title.
Tweet @Edinburgh, using #edinburgh2050 on Twitter.
All entries must include the applicant’s personal city vision, written on paper and then verbally explained, along with ‘pitch’ as to why they should be given the job. Proof of submission shall not constitute proof of receipt of an entry by Promoter.
7. Three (3) all expenses paid research trips for two (2) people, to one (1) of three (3) cities - Helsinki, Dublin or Copenhagen - shall be available to successful applicants and a guest. Successful entrants will not be able to choose which location they visit, and no correspondence shall be entered into. Wire will use budget allocated by Marketing Edinburgh to cover costs of flights, accommodation, transfers, travel insurance, and provide a suitable spending money budget.
a. Successful applicant and guest must be over 18 years old on date of application, hold a valid passport, and must be prepared to show the Promoter proof of identification. Successful applicant must be from, or live in, Edinburgh.
b. The trip must take place between 12/11/18 and 26/11/18. Successful applicants that are not able to travel during this period will no longer be eligible for the role, and the Promoter reserves the right to revoke the role and offer it to an alternative candidate.
c. The trip is strictly non-transferrable and must not be offered for resale.
8. The successful applicants must document their trip, providing the following content via direct upload to their own social media channels:
1 x short vlog per day of the trip, detailing what they learned and where they visited, uploaded to their own YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, tagging Marketing Edinburgh’s relevant handles and using the hashtag #Edinburgh2050
1 x selfie photo per day of the trip, posted to successful applicants’ own social media including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, tagging Marketing Edinburgh’s relevant handles and using the hashtag #Edinburgh2050,
Create a final vlog with observations from the whole trip, 3-5 minutes duration, provided directly to the relevant contact or uploaded as directed.
9. The selection of the successful applicant shall take place on 26/10/2018. All valid entries shall be shortlisted (based on entry criteria) by Wire [of 48 Albion Street, Glasgow] with the successful applicants chosen by Marketing Edinburgh. The successful applicants shall be notified via private message or email on 29/10/2018 advising of their success. Selection of successful applicants shall be final, and no correspondence shall be entered into. Successful applicants will be announced on Marketing Edinburgh’s social channels.
10. To confirm acceptance of the role and research trip, the successful applicants shall be required to reply to the Promoter’s private message within 2 days from the date of the Promoter’s private message. Following receipt of the successful applicant’s contact details, the Promoter’s agency, Wire, shall liaise with them on the dates for their trip to their pre-assigned location, and make all necessary arrangements.
In the event that the trip is not claimed within 2 days from the date of the Promoter’s private message notifying the successful applicants of their success, the Promoter shall have the right to withdraw the role/trip entitlement and role, and trip, to an alternative entrant.
11. All entries must be in your own words and not copied. Eligible entries will be judged in accordance with these conditions:
a. Entries must not contain or refer to any third-party brand and must not contain or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks.
b. Content will be used by Marketing Edinburgh as necessary as part of the 2050 Edinburgh City Vision campaign.
c. You warrant and agree that: (a) you will not submit any Content that is unlawful, criminal or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, dangerous, obscene, derogatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, offensive, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 14, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) you will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in your Content; (c) you will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) your Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) you will comply will all applicable laws and regulations including without limitation, those governing copyright, content defamation, privacy, publicity and the access of use of others’ computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, you indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms. Any entry that shows, displays and/or demonstrates any of the foregoing will not be accepted, and, if appropriate, will be forwarded to the relevant authorities.
12. The Promoter is not liable for any failure of services in delivering the trip to successful applicants – e.g. flight delays or cancellations.
13. In particular the Promoter does not assume any responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or injury sustained as a result of or in connection with this promotion. Travel insurance will be provided to the successful applicants and their guests, however the Promoter is not responsible for failure of services from 3rd parties, e.g. flight delays or cancellations.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final on all matters relating to this job posting.